Yesterday I was listening to KING and something popped into my brain: what happened to sweet, sweet seductive music for people to get they fuck on to? Do they still make music like that? Music like KING is making?
Short answer: yes—but it’s different than the Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins sex music of yore. Today, there’s a bit more fun and a bit more of an edgy soul to sex music, be it via creative lyrics or non-traditional sounds. There is still sex music out there—you just have to fondle around the current music landscape to find it.
Thus, I wanted to make a playlist that captured that for 2017: welcome to GYFO 2017, a soundtrack of relatively new and not-as-new, straight and very queer, jams to put on tonight to help get your fuck on. Be it with your man, your woman, yourself, or your crew of sex people, these songs are guaranteed to help you get it on.
Here’s who it includes, starting from the most traditionally sensual, building to the more abstractly fucky.
1. “The Greatest” by KING
2. “Show You The Way” by Thundercat, featuring Michael McDonald & Kenny Loggins
3. “All That” by Carly Rae Jepsen
4. “Smile More” by Syd
5. “On + Off” by Maggie Rogers
6. “Incomplete Kisses” by Sampha
7. “Yes” by Junior Boys
8. “Without You” by Cassy
9. “Controller” by Hercules & Love Affair, featuring Faris Badwan
10. “Anymore” by Goldfrapp
11. “You And Me” by Jessy Lanza
12. “I Love You More Than You Love Yourself” by Austra
13. “When Love Wins” by Helios Mode
14. “I Can Mend Your Broken Heart (Kassem Mosse Remix)” by Machinewoman
15. “2 The Sky (Metatron’s What If There’s No End And No Beginning Mix)” by Traumprinz
Now. Two ways to whet that fuck’petite.
First, you can get GYFO 2017 on Apple Music but note that a few of the songs aren’t on Apple Music.
Thus, find a visual playlist below. Know that neither mix is complete because the Internet can be limited.
I hope you get your parts moistened this evening. Bless, you mess.